Disney Wish: Everything About Disney’s New Cruise Ship When Reservations Open
Disney has revealed new details about its upcoming fifth cruise liner, Disney Wish, which will be home to the very first Disney attraction at sea. The AquaMouse ride will be joined onboard by six swimming pools, new fine dining options, an Aladdin musical, a fully enclosed sports arena, a Marvel superhero academy for kids and a Star Wars lounge for adults.
Here’s everything we now know about the Disney Wish cruise ship – which Disney calls its “castle on the sea” – with reservations are now open to May 27.
Disney’s first sea attraction
The AquaMouse attraction will feature a new Mickey Mouse animated short called Scuba Scramble. A 760-foot waterslide will take you all around the upper deck and feature interactive water features, audio, video, lighting, performance stages, and special effects. Disney says you’ll go on an adventure in a mermaid lagoon.
Also on the upper deck:
- Toy Story Splash Zone
- Six swimming pools
- Casual dining in the Mickey and Friends neighborhood.
Disney Wish Cruise Reservations and Cost
Reservations are now open, with the maiden voyage scheduled for June 9, 2022. The cost of a three-night cruise on Disney Wish in Nassau, the Bahamas, and Disney’s Castaway Cay starts at $ 2,115 for two people in an indoor room. An ocean view room is priced at $ 2,295 while a lanai room starts at $ 2,511.
A four-night cruise costs $ 2,709 for an interior room for two adults, $ 2,909 for an ocean view room and $ 3,469 for a veranda room.
Disney’s greenest cruise ship will be powered by liquefied natural gas. He will be leaving Port Canaveral, Fla., But Disney has yet to say whether he will travel to Disney’s new island in the Bahamas.
Cruise ship rooms
The ship has a capacity of 4,000 passengers, with more expensive options for showcasing storybook-inspired themes. The cabins will be decorated after fairytale characters like Cinderella and Ariel, with custom artwork displayed. If you really want to splash around, you can book a two-story Royal Suite, which features a spiral staircase and stained glass windows.
The most exclusive room on the ship is the 1,966-square-foot Wish Tower Suite, unveiled by Disney on May 14. The bedroom is located in the front funnel of the Disney Wish and is Moana themed, with two master bedrooms, a children’s bedroom, four and a half baths, dining area, wet bar, and library. The two-story suite is decorated with custom artwork, accessories and sculptures.
Refined cuisine, lounges and restaurants
The new Disney cruise liner will feature three Beauty and the Beast-inspired adults-only dining options: the Rose Lounge; Palo Steakhouse, with a Cogsworth-inspired theme; and Enchanté, with dishes created by chef Arnaud Lallement and featuring design elements inspired by Lumière.
Another adult-only space is the Star Wars Hyperspace Lounge. Designed to look like a luxury spaceship, the lounge will serve space-themed drinks (we imagine these will be similar to the alcoholic drinks served Disneyland and Walt disney world). It will feature views from the “windows” showing Star Wars locations like Tattooine, Batuu, and Mustafar.at
Disney Wish will also have three new family restaurants:
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure, which will serve food with a Nordic influence and include character performances while you eat. The restaurant invites you to attend Anna and Kristoff’s engagement celebration.
- Worlds of Marvel, an interactive dining experience where you will be served African dishes to represent Wakanda, Eastern European cuisine in homage to Sokovia and the restaurants of New York, where the Avengers are headquartered.
- 1923, which is themed around a 1920s Hollywood experience depicting the heyday of Walt Disney and serving a California fusion menu.
Disney Wish activities for kids
As expected for a Disney vacation, there are several options to keep the kids entertained. Here’s what’s new at Disney Wish as part of the Oceaneer Club for kids:
- Marvel Superhero Academy: A Seat Aboard The Avengers
- Fairytale Hall: This area will include Belle’s Library, Anna and Elsa’s Summer Home, and Rapunzel’s Art Class
- Imagination class, where children can learn to design their own roller coasters
Shows and entertainment on the cruise liner
Two new shows are in development, with Disney remaining discreet about what that will entail for the time being. Here is what we know:
- Fireworks at sea
- The Walt Disney Theater to present an Aladdin musical
- Luna: Described by Disney as day and night entertainment, this area will look like an “enchanted fairy tale village” with a setting based on the Pixar short film La Luna
- Hero Zone: An active playground, it will be a fully enclosed and air-conditioned sports arena.