Rally of SBU workers’ wages + Sea Wolves Victory + Jazz concerts
Hello, neighbors! Debora Whitehead here with the latest Three Village Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Sun, then clouds; hotter. Top: 53, bottom: 44.
Here are the best stories today at Three Village:
- Are you a Jazz in love and eager to hear good music? The Jazz Loft announces the programming for December. The plays will take place at 275 Christian Avenue, Stony stream. To access the following events in December, click on the link. (TBRNews)
- Stony Brook University the workers organized their rally for respect and fair wages on November 17, in front of the school administration building. Andrew Solar, president of the UUP Stony Brook chapter, said in a telephone interview that the rally was attended by nearly 200 people. SBLC represents 10,000 members. The union sections were joined by the Long Island Federation of Labor and the building and Nassau and Suffolk Building Trades Council. Members of the latter two unions stood outside on Nicolls Route the last few weeks. (TBRNews)
- Three Villages Chamber of Commerce made the registration form for their Holiday Party available on their website. The event will take place at Mario’s Restaurant in Setauket East Thursday, December 9 at 6 p.m. For more details and to register, click on the link. (Room of the Three Villages)
- Anthony roberts certainly made his Stony stream a home debut as memorable as it gets on Monday night. With the score tied in the final seconds against Sacred Heart, Guardian Jahlil jenkins found his backcourt partner Roberts open on the right wing. Roberts came to a halt without hesitation about three feet past the three-point line and sank the buzzer-beater to give Stony Brook an exhilarating 75-72 non-conference win – his first win of the season. (Newspaper)
today Three Village Daily is offered to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today at Trois Villages:
- Thanksgiving Recess – Centereach High School. (All day)
- Celebrate Thanksgiving at the Three Village Inn. (13h)
- Exhibition of the historical society of the three villages. (4:30 p.m.)
Three Villages Patch Notebook
- A career day at Wading River School got off to an unusual start on Tuesday morning. The students lined up on the back lawn of the school, their eyes looking up to the sky for the arrival of a Suffolk County Police Department helicopter. (Riverhead News Review)
- Westport Country The Playhouse Youth Council will be holding a “Winter Fun Fest” on Saturday, December 4, 11 am to 2 pm, in the Playhouse courtyard and Lucille Lortel White Grange. (Broadway world)
- Historical Society of the Three Villages: “Bring the holidays with the 42nd Annual Three Village Historical Society Candlelight House Tour! Join us at Stony Brook to visit four private homes and the historic All Souls Church, Reboli Center and Stony Brook Chapel. ” (Facebook)
- Stony Brook Athletics: “Women’s basketball faces Columbia on Wednesday: 5 things to know.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are all taken for today. See you soon! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. His passion for the community is reflected in his volunteer work with “Ministry Mariposa”, a non-profit family support program. One of her strongest beliefs is Jesus Christ, and when she isn’t parenting, teaching, or reading, she writes. One of her favorite quotes is “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Three Village Daily? Email me at [email protected]